Ankeny, Iowa – Foster SQUAD is Midwest Family Lending’s January 2024 charity and has received a $1500 donation.
To provide resources to Iowa foster families as they care for our community’s most vulnerable children.
What they do:
In a nutshell, Foster SQUAD supports foster kids and families. But that’s just the nutshell version. The impact they have is so much bigger!
- provides care kits to every child or teen in Polk County that is entering the foster care program. Care kits include items such as a backpack, flashlight, blanket, personal hygiene products, etc.
- facilitates support groups where foster families can voice their struggles and find solutions to their problems. Foster SQUAD advocates for legislative change to ease burdens on foster families.
- organizes training opportunities and helps facilitate required classes for licensing credit.
- coordinates Operation Santa. This event encourages biological families to come together at Christmas time. They also work with a community of donors and volunteers to ensure all foster kids receive Christmas gifts.
- advocates for foster families with the Department of Health and Human Services. They bring issues directly from foster families to the people who can make systematic changes to improve the process and the experience.
How can YOU help Foster SQUAD?
Spread the word! – Tell people about Foster SQUAD. Many people across Iowa are impacted by the foster care system. You may be the link between them and the foster community.
Volunteer – Check out opportunities to serve with your time and talent!
Support – Offer a monetary donation, or donate care kit supplies!
MFLCares about Foster SQUAD
MFLCares is a program of Midwest Family Lending, a local mortgage company committed to creating customers for life and making positive community impact. Through MFLCares, we support and promote central Iowa charities. Check out our calendar to learn about the incredible organizations that are making a positive impact in our communities!